Hearing Aids in Reston, VA
The hearing aid has undergone amazing improvement since the electronic revolution allowed the creation of small but powerful devices. Hearing aids are actually tiny computers today. They can sense changes in your hearing environment and adjust accordingly. They can connect wirelessly to your cell phone and other equipment.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Many hearing aids can fit entirely in the ear canal. Many can adjust volume automatically. Best of all, they can allow you to hear and understand speech in crowded, loud areas, from any direction.
Here are the general styles of hearing aids:
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids have a power source behind the ear and an amplifier in the ear canal.
- In-the-ear (ITE) devices have power and amp inside the ear canal. They can be invisible (or slightly visible) and have an earmold that sits in the outer ear.
- A mini-BTE device has a small tube running to the ear canal; this has several variations depending on your needs for power and comfort.
- Another variation combines BTE devices with earmolds.
- Completely-in-the-ear devices are small and are nearly invisible. Not all patients can use a device this small for several reasons.
These styles are available with many features and we offer the highest quality manufacturers at Hearing & Balance Services of Reston.
We also provide hearing aids with rechargeable batteries, and we carry all brands of rechargeable hearing aids manufactured.
Hearing & Balance Services
We're Committed To Your Hearing & Balance. Let's Get Started.